Mercedes-Benz GL Class is a luxury crossover MPV with huge cabin. This seven seater vehicle provides sophisticated seat features like an advanced seat heating system, massage function and sophisticated reclining with multiple seat configurations. The middle row of seat is spacious and has plenty of head and legroom. The third row of seat offers decent leg and headroom which is suitable for short adult or child.
This GL Class has excellent access. With one press of a button the middle row folds and flips to create an excellent access for last row of seats. The middle and the rear row seats can be fold flat to floor with one press of a button.
Mercedes-Benz GL Class gives plenty of storage areas. Front doors have storage area and door panels. The centre council have a covered ashtray with 12v socket. The front armrest offers cup holders and storage area underneath. The central council of middle row contains 12v plug socket for your device and pulling down the armrest will give you two cup holders and storage area. The doors of the middle row offer door panel, storage pockets and storage areas. The boot area has parcel nets and 12v plug socket and huge boot area for you luggage and when all seat are up there is enough space for several suitcases. There is also storage box underneath the floor above the spare tire.
With Active Parking Assist and PARKTRONIC, parking is a piece of cake. First the vehicle gives you a sign whether the vehicle fit the parking space. When you select the space and shift reverse, the Active Parking Assistant takes over and does the rest. The 360-degree parking camera can be monitored all four sides of the vehicle. This feature (360-degree camera) provides a bird’s eye view (there is camera each side and the system translate into bird’s eye view). When it is time to hit the road, the exit feature can take you out of the parking space.
Mercedes Benz GL Class provides a list of safety measures which includes the following list.
- Attention assistant detects signals of inattention of the driver. If the system detects these signs the driver will be recommended to take a rest.
- Active lane keeping assistant gives signal to the driver when the system detect crossing the road markings with vibration of the steering wheel and when there is no response the system brakes and brings the vehicle back to the lane.
- Active Blind Spot Assistant warns the driver when the vehicle detects traffic on the blind spot. If the driver ignores the signal and continues changing the line then Active Blind Spot Assistant may take an action to assist to avoid the collision.
- Night View Assistant Plus with pedestrian detection guides the driver through the night with aid of infrared lamps, camera and thermal imaging camera.
- DISTRONIC PLUS is adoptive cruise control or autopilot that helps maintain the driver desired distance from the car in front and keeps the vehicle at the centre of line.
w.youtube.com/watch?v=hBA-L2RiAbU”>PRE-SAFE® system is protection system that contains stereo cameras and radars that monitors the area in front of the vehicle to warn the driver and help to avoid an accident. When there is a late or no response from the driver while accident about to happen then the system applies optimum brake to stop the accident happen.
- Collision Prevention Assist is system that compares your speed to vehicle a head using radars and warns the driver when there is likelihood of collision. If the vehicle has collision prevention assists plus, the system applies optimum brake when there is a late or no response.
- PRE-SAFE® Brake and BAS PLUS is a pair of stereo camera and three range radars system that monitor area in front of the vehicle and warns the driver when a collision about happen. This system insures that optimal brake is applied even when the driver press the brake and but not with less optimal,
- Restraint systems, Mercedes-Benz emergency call system,
- And many more. Please refer Mercedes Benz GL Class e-brochures for information.